Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Harvey Milk Day-A Tribute

Just this week it came to light that a certain N.C pastor made the (cue sarcasm) oh-so-kind comment that lesbians and "queers" should be rounded up, placed in camps with electrified fencing, and left to die. His reasoning was that then they couldn't reproduce and make more gays. *scratches head* While I could make a long list about how idiotic that comment is, I won't. I've decided to focus on the good in the world, instead of the bad.

Today is Harvey Milk Day. I'm sure most of you already know what a great hero this man was. He bravely paved the way for the future generations of LGBTQQ individuals. While the vile comments made by that NC pastor shows that we still have a long way to go, I like to think that we are so much closer to the day when everybody will be equal. So, watch this video and I hope it inspires you as it did me. Remember, for every hater out there, there is are is somebody who loves you unconditionally and we will never give up the fight.

No comments:

Post a Comment