Sunday, September 11, 2011

Never Forget

Lately, I've come across a lot of videos or articles in relation to the tenth anniversary of September 11th. While there were hundreds that I could share with you, I decided to limit it to two. The first one I found was on The Advocate. It discusses Alice Hogland, the mother of Mark Bingham. Mark was one of the passengers on flight 93. Since Mark's death, his mother has gone on to be an advocate in many causes, including those for the GLBT community. To read the wonderful article about her you, to to The Advocate.

The second on I stumbled on at The Daily What. Titled, John and Joe, it's part of a series of videos put of by StoryCorps to commemorate 9/11. This one tells the story about John and Joe, two brothers who died that terrible day. Told by their father, he talks so lovingly about his sons, one a firefighter, the other a detective for the NYPD. It's bot heartbreaking and bittersweet at the same time.


No comments:

Post a Comment